Monday, April 9, 2007

Soaking up the suN!


Today, I swam 20 laps. Ok, like 10 if you count back and forth as 1 lap. But still, I got some exercise and it was fuuuuun. I had forgotten how much I love swimming! It took me forever to get into the pool though because I was too embarrassed to strip down into my suit and show off my adipose. Teehee. My cousin said she is so grateful that she does not have that problem, I wish I didnt either. She accepts her body as is, says life is too short to dread every step of the way. Its funny, she does things that I am too scared or uncomfortable to do. She makes me feel like I have been hiding from life and I have, I know it, but still...the truth can be a bitch sometimes you know? LOL

So what are some exercises to do in a pool besides laps? Any suggestions? Im sure I can find some on the web.

I start my new job tomorrow at 8am. Im kind of stoked to be working again. Something to do everyday you know? Itll be nice. Plus, I am so sick of being broke and I hate, hate hate asking my boyfriend for money even though I know he will give it to me. Its a pride thing, I guess.

I slept in so late today because I was up so late. Easter was awesome, it was my first Easter with my boyfriend so I got him the prettiest basket and filled it with stuff that he likes, like Arizona Green Tea cans and a Spiderman chocolate bunny and an umbrella full of jelly beans, and this card that I thought was the CUTEST thing until other people saw it and pointed out that the rabbits were having sex. I had thought they were CUDDLING!!!!! Oh well. He was soooo flattered and that was the best part for me. He even wrote me the cutest little letter which I love so all in all it was a fantabulous easter :)
Ok I hope to have some more exercise deets for you guys later, but until then, I hope you are having a wonderful Monday!

3 comments:

Tigerlilly said...

I usually sit on the step and do some leg kicks since I use my arms more then anything when I swim. If you can find them, they sell all kinds of things you can use in the pool to do workouts. From dumbells to webbed gloves that really put the stress on the upper arms.

Have a great day at work! I go in tonight to get my first schedule... I am just as excited.

Have a great day!

Unknown said...

Wow your tone has sure changed since your cousin has been visiting. More light and hopeful. I much rather prefer this tone. I hope you can find the balance and happiness to be this way all the time.

I forgot to ask if you were doing the Self challenge this year?

kazz said...

Try walking or jogging thru the water :) you sound like me...i know i avoid living at times in this journey